10 Quick Qs – Adrienne Truscott
1. What, where, when and how much?
2. Describe your show Twitter style, 140 characters or less:
A sometimes naked hour-long wrestle with jokes, performance art, irony, hookers, comedians, a dress and someone from the audience.
3. A quote/moment that stands out from your show?
Intergender heckler wrestling championship bout?
4. Is heckling allowed?
Sure, but beware because all my comebacks will either be performance art or I’ll put you in a headlock.
5. What is your role in the show?
I did and gotta do everything in this show. And put someone in a headlock.
6. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I have actually always either wanted to be a race-car driver or a safari guide. They’re not likely to intersect. But if for some reason I could get paid to drive a shit hot muscle car really fast with an adorable lion cub or baby gorilla in the passenger seat, I wouldn’t ask for a raise for a while.
7. If you could put on (or be in) any show/band in the world, which one would it be?
I’d either be in the Carol Burnett show but if that wasn’t possible, maybe I’d make a very short show where everyone I could find who has a beard had to stand together on stage and shave it slowly to a song by The National while girls in flower headbands ate artisanal pickles and wept.
8. Why would someone not come see your show?
Because they were afraid I’d beat them in a friendly tussle or are afraid they couldn’t help but sing along to the song Ironic.. .but if you like cookies and jokes, that shouldn’t deter you.
9. In your opinion, what is the worst show/movie you’ve ever seen and why?
For some reason the only thing I can think of this morning (I was out late you see) is that recent movie by Woody Allen, Midnight in Paris. I love most of Woody Allen’s stuff, and most of the people in that movie, but I just hated it. I guess sometimes I don’t like movies by a possible pedophile steeped in quasi-intellectual middle-class nostalgia. But sometimes I do. But it’s probably not the worst movie I’ve ever seen.
10. Besides your show, what’s your pick for the Fringe/Garden?
The one show I haven’t seen fully in all it’s glory is by my dear friend Miss Behave. She has a show called Miss Behave’s Gameshow and I’m certain it’s the exact cocktail of brilliant spastic anarchy that I’m looking for.