10 Quick Qs – Breabach
1. What, where, when and how much?
2. Describe your show Twitter style, 140 characters or less:
Contemporary Scottish Folk Music – bagpipes, step dance, gaelic and Scottish song, fiddle, flute and whistle with driving guitar and bass backing.
3. A quote/moment that stands out from your show?
4. Is heckling allowed?
We actively encourage audience involvement – expect to sing and dance. We won’t hear you heckling over the blare of pipes anyway.
5. What is your role in the show?
6. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Scuba diving bassist.
7. If you could put on (or be in) any show/band in the world, which one would it be?
I’d definitely put a house concert on in my flat for the Punch Brothers.
8. Why would someone not come see your show?
If they weren’t up for discovering the exciting new sounds that are coming out of the scottish traditional music scene at the moment.
9. In your opinion, what is the worst show/movie you’ve ever seen and why?
I think Cobra with Stallone is probably one of the worst films I’ve seen – limp storyline, gratuitous product placement, terrible acting – but because of this it was actually hilarious, in fact one of the funniest films I’ve seen.
10. Besides your show, what’s your pick for the Fringe/Garden?
Being a prog boy at heart I’m going to have to check out Tubular Bells for Two at the Factory.